Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did indeed create a monster. I bought my son a 5 wt. setup with waders, etc., to join me in my fly-fishing pursuits. He loved it and so did I. Then I made a big mistake, I invited him to join me while spey casting. He did, gave the 9140 greeny a try and I'm sunk!

He now tells me he wants the 9140 setup (retiring the 5 wt. until next spring), and has convinced the "mom" that I still have the Orvis spey rod should I choose to use it. So pressured, I order up a new reel and XLT for the Orvis (on lay-a-way, a sure sign of impending bankruptcy, eh?) and await the time I can get it out of hock. I'm a poor retired farmer, what can I do? Oh, the price one has to pay to keep a young wife and favorite son.;)

Is the trip to the poor house supposed to be so much fun?

ws

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Watersprite,

My 11 year old wants a Sage 7114, a T&T 1410, and a Loomis 9' 6 weight GLX for Christmas this year. His 15 year old brother, who was just given a St. Crois 13' 7/8 for his birthday in May, wants a T&T 1510 and an Abel reel to go with it!

I love it that my kids like to fly fish and that my wife does as well. But there is no way I could afford to get them everything they want. However, my 15 year old is very happy with the St. Crois and I'm sure the 11 year old will be too when we get him one.

And like you, it is great fun and provides great pleasure to my wife and I that the boys like to fly fish.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts