Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Actually its part 3

Yep 3 different threads, 213 replies, 6,314 views to date.

Initial thread started 1/11/03 a few hours after I had first laid my eyes and hands on Ms. 5120-4 at the Mid west Fly Fishing show here in Chicago.

Maybe its a record, if not it sure made the winter go quickly.

:D

PM Out

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Ya, but who else is counting?

Ok Guys/Gals: what it's going to take to cut this thing off is buying Hal the rod.

I've opened a special bank account for this purpose:

Please send your checks to:

KeyBank
c/o Fred Evans
2 East Main Street
Medford, Or 97501

If I get a lot of money I'll deside if I should invest it in Single Malt Futures ... buy him the silly rod.
:devil:

·
Registered
459 Posts
I cannot accept gifts it would violate my fly fishing ethics code of honor, etc...

PM Out

P.S. Closing in on 3,000 and then I think I will take a rest, and perhaps a FFF identity change is in order ? :confused:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Hal, you missunderstand .....

I said I'd collect the money I didn't say I'd actually get "you" anything with it.:razz: :devil:
fae

·
Registered
104 Posts
Fred,

If you really are serious about collecting the money for a worthy cause, I am currently envolved with a wonderful non profit organization related to flyfishing. The AFF has been around now for several years providing a wonderful service to those it serves. Donations are free.
On another note, I'm headed up your way in mid September, maybe we could fish a couple days together for those Kings again.

Jim Sanderson

·
Registered
52 Posts
Potential date

PMFF-
The girl of your dreams awaits you on Ebay.(key word -spey) You have 2-1/2 days to hook-up for a cheap date or continue your pining. Warning. You are not alone. This girl may have 150 guys ogling her. She's winking at you. Maybe you could ask her out.

ADP <')))><

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
jimsand said:
Fred,

If you really are serious about collecting the money for a worthy cause, I am currently envolved with a wonderful non profit organization related to flyfishing. The AFF has been around now for several years providing a wonderful service to those it serves. Donations are free.
On another note, I'm headed up your way in mid September, maybe we could fish a couple days together for those Kings again.

Jim Sanderson
You betcha Jim! Where the Charity Spey Clinic's $ go is strictly up to the Board members. I just get the cashier's checks cut. Hook up with me off line and give me a web address (assuming the group has one) so I can take a peek. If not, e mail me and give me some info on the group: contact person, type of program(s), etc.

[email protected]
[email protected]

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don't think so....

Naah... He'll never part with that much folding money. He needs an OK from "the boss" first, and with kids and 2 healthy puppies to feed..... But that CAN be used as an excuse to sell the "little woman" - he can CATCH the dogfood! That's why Chum Salmon are often called "Dog Salmon", especially by northern Innuits.

Let's see - how much is a case of dogfood? I think he can have it paid for with the equivalent of 10 or 15 cases! (Except for the fact that he seems to have difficulty landing 'em!) Ooooh - I forgot- he did land a purported 4 pound sucker! They make good dogfood, though....Malemutes aren't fussy.

And as I remember, Patrick McManus once said, "Smoked carp tastes just like smoked salmon..... Especially if you don't have smoked salmon." :devil:

Now, if Hal was devious, I think a quiet financial arrangement could be made by Fred (how's 20% APR sound, Fred?). That is, if it REALLY is true love!

BobK

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nice job, Hal.....

I guess "Our Hero" was too "thrifty" and ends up being "The Goat!"

And I thought he was serious about the rod!

Some guys talk a good game, but......:rolleyes:

BobK

·
Registered
169 Posts
Pity

Well, I finally took pity on poor Hal, took up a discreet collection for him among members on this board, and we collectively bought him his "sweetheart". Now, all I need is his address so I can mail it to him. I am sure he will enjoy it, as this rod is a beauty.

Just one more item needs attention, and that is that I forgot to say April fool!

BobK

·
Registered
169 Posts
Finis.....

Well, apparently he threw her over (or maybe it was the other way around) for some other "love".

Anyway, looks like Hal is giving up on this one, and is now stoking up for another "new love". So, I guess it's "Finis" for this thread.

BobK

·
Registered
459 Posts
This is the truth, I watched it all week, and then knew the bidding would start the last hour or so. That was last sunday afternoon.
My 15 year old son then got on the computer for a school paper and my wife sent me out for an errand. I did not have the opportunity to decide to make a bid or not, but I see the fellow that got it, did not bid until the very end. Nice guy !

I will send him an email for his opinion on it, maybe it is some one from the forumn ?

Yes another love has developed, its not a rod, but something that can be used for fishing and other activities. Research mode is now underway.

Bonus came through and tax situation is getting diminished through thoughtful deductions. :D

Thats it for now.

PM Out

·
Registered
169 Posts
Oh, No!

Boy, if the IRS ever monitors this forum, will Hal get an audit!!
He "found" some new deductions????? Sure - and the moon is made of green cheese! (No, Hal, the dogs can't be claimed as dependents....)

Now he is keeping us in "suspense" over the next "wet dream".

(Maybe he's even getting a new golf ball! And paying cash, too!)

C'est la guerre!

BobK

·
Registered
459 Posts
FYI

I'm also a CPA in addition to other things.

PM Out

·
Registered
459 Posts
Major Update

I have found a PNW FF who has just purchased the rod and loves it. He is using it for trout. Just as I thought after just holding it for a few minutes.

I knew it was a good one.

We will see, eventually who knows I may have an actual second physical encounter.

Is this rod going to be at the Michigan clave on Sunday ? I will be at ND on Saturday and not up there until Sunday morning.

PM Out

·
Registered
169 Posts
mjyp ... don't get your hopes up!

Are you kidding me??? Hal will want an iron-clad money-back guarantee, and ask for your left testicle, right arm, and firstborn child as "escrow"! (and maybe a few other items I forgot about...)

Anyone who can carry on a thread THIS long, and still not have "posession", I have to question his definition of "true love" vs. "hornyness". Let's face it - he just wants a little, but doesn't
want to "pay to play".

Too bad - TRUE love only comes along once in a lifetime.
:tsk_tsk:

BobK

·
Registered
459 Posts
FYI

My Washington state cyber fly fishing colleague has made email contact with me.

He fished with the 5120-4 today for the second time at Dry Falls for trout, where ever that is ?

Now I am getting real on the water objective input on this rod.

God I love this internet cyber fly fishing.

If possible could that rod be there on Sunday ? There is no way I can be there on Saturday due to my sons track meet or the ND game, looks like it will be the ND game in South Bend right now.

Don't count me on on this yet its too early.

PM Out

·
Registered
169 Posts
Excuses, excuses....

Either I have to go to the kids' track meet, or go to the ND game.... are you kidding me? Another procrastinator.

It's really 3 choices - kids' track meet, go to the game, or "go to the clave, meet some nice people, try out the rod, do some fishin' and have a good time"!

'nuff said!

If Hal was around during the American Revolution, we still would be British colonists. "What if...? "but what if...? But then, what if...? Sorry. Enough!

Time to defecate or get off the pot!

BobK

·
Registered
459 Posts
Family and my son's sports come first over any fishing trip or rod.

Waiting to hear from the Washington field tester, he is fishing it all weekend for trout.

Whats the rush, I have 5 trout rods at least in the closet to use.

PM Out

1 - 20 of 33 Posts