Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I may have stumbled on to a good deal.

I'll be calling the fellow on Monday to drop some dimes.
fae

Fred:
We do have the AL 9/10 available in black or gold and the price is
marked down from $205.00 to $95.00!! We also have the AS 9/10 in black or gold for $86.00!! If you are looking for the BIG reel, we do have the AS 11/12 in black for an incredible $90.00!! If you have any questions or would like to make an order, please call us at 800-513-FISH or 970-244-8658.

Maybe even a better price (Sunday so not able to check availability.

http://www.bluequillangler.com/news/sale_reddington.html

·
Registered
92 Posts
Came across that site quite awhile ago.All of the reels being sold are from Orvis and are void of any warranty according to Blue Quill.Also,they are advertising them at much lower prices on their website than what they quoted you(or are the prices they told you in Canadian?).

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Blue Quill Angler web site has a 'glitch.'

Not worried about a lack of warrenty on the reels but zero! success in getting to them via telephone. Both numbers shown in their web site 'shunt' you into a Qwest voice mail system. (Kind you set up to get YOUR messages, not theirs.) Called information and got the 303 number as the correct one, no luck; just a repeat of the above.

Very strange.

So sent them an e mail (immediate auto response back) saying "tag your it."
fae

Edit: Got "edgie" looking at the above posts and called WesternAnglers. Right through, two new reels coming with 150 yards of backing each ($10.00) and he's splitting the shipping.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Fred, Just coulldn't sit back and know that you have all the big boy toys, so called and know have a reel on the way. Good people to deal with, gave me a brake on shipping and backing.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very cool on the extra order ...

I told the fellow about the board, advertising, etc., so two sales in short order, may help him see the financial logic in being an advertiser.
fae

1 - 5 of 5 Posts