Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debating a new 7wt, it would fit a very specific slot in my quiver. If you could only pick one from the following:

G-LOOMIS NRX+ 7133 - haven’t cast a loomis that I don’t like, huge fan.

WINSTON AIR 7133 - got a love hate relationship with Winston sticks, they can be finicky with certain lines.

BEULAH G2 7132 - used to be a big fan till a warranty issue went south, willing to give a second chance...stuff happens.

BURKHEIMER 7134 - never owned one, this would be a first for me if I go that route.

As you can see I m looking for a versatile, do it all 7wt that’s over 13’ and below 13’6”. Already have a few Meiser’s so got that covered!

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
61 Posts
On my Winston Blll TH 7133/4 I like the 475 gr Steelhead Finder F2, the Rio Scandi Body 400 or 425 gr with 8 wt Rio tips, 510 Airflo Compact Skagit or 480 gr Skagit Switch in floating or intermediate. I really like the rod; light in hand, predictable with great feel. I can’t imagine that the new Air would be a step backwards...

·
Registered
841 Posts
The Burkheimer 7134 is a really nice rod. They are all nice rods no doubt but the Burkheimer is a special stick. On a side note you rarely hear of a warrantee issue going south with Beulah.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alrighty then, the search begins for a good deal on a Burkie! Thank you all for the recommendations.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Burkie as stated by many, but I have not casted the NRX.

Not considered is a 6pc rod, which is easier to move if travelling. Mine is a Meiser, but there is Guideline.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts