Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I need some advice: last season I fished a Mastery Spey 10/11# on a Sage Euro 15' 1" but i found it a little too heavy. I have an impression that the rod is more of a 10# weight than an 10/11# as advertised on this side of the Atlantic (Ireland). Mastery dont make a 9/10 Spey (they do in the XLT but it is too long for my medium ability). I would be obliged for some comments.

To my mind the headlenght on the Rio Midspey (and for the rivers I fish) is a bit short. What about a TT Wulff 10# 80'?

(It is worth mentioning that I also use a 13'6" Harrison Rod (built for mr by Sparton in the UK) with a Mastery 8/9# and i tried it on the Sage but it was much too light!).

Anybody been through the same problem?

Don':)

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Don,

I presume you have the "new improved" version of the 10151 (I created 4 different custom 5 pieces before I got the new one).

The line I used very satisfactorily was a 10/11 Rio Accellerator. Out of the box it was very good on the 10151 - and with a 10' section of level belly from a #10 double taper added to it - it was awesome.

I cut the line just behind the hinge (17') and attached a loop (you could splice) to which I added the 10' piece.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts