Spey Pages banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been looking at the number of steelhead returning over Bonneville and Lower Granite Dam and the numbers have been a lot lower than previous years. This has me worried because the forecast for this year's steelhead run was supposed to be even better than last year (minus the lower number of B-run fish). Do you all think or know if the fish have been held up lower down in the system because of the hot weather and the harsh conditions, and will make a big push later, or are we doomed to another rough year? I know this is a hard thing to awnser, but it has been something that has been weighing on my mind. Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Braeden, like you I’ve been watching the dam counts closely. Unfortunately, I believe it’s going to be a rough year and have cancelled my annual trip accordingly. :cry: I keep hoping that there’s going to be a big push of fish that were holding lower down, but I just don’t think it’s going to be. I have no scientific data to back this up, however. It would be great if someone out there knew something that we don’t and could say otherwise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry Patrick, that stinks to hear about. I wish there was a place that wasn't supposed to be so bad for fishing this fall/spring that would give you some semblance of a trip to the Clearwater. And I agree sadly sinktip. I will keep on hoping for some big push of fish that were holding down lower in the system, but I know in the back of my mind there probably isn't.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I think the big push days are over. There is always a thermal barriers that hold the fish on the lower snake. Between having a record temp summer paired with zero precipitation isn't exactly helping anything. I am thinking they will end up shutting it down.... right after the opener of course....... gotta get them license sales

1 - 7 of 7 Posts