Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to the Iceland for few days in spring. I can have 1 day of fishing available (April 1 - when the season starts)
Does anybody knows a good spey guide that guides for sea trout or browns?
Thanks

·
Registered
530 Posts
Don't know of any guides. But you will be limited to sea trout fishing if you are going that early. Some lakes open up for fishing around April 15 but don't think you want to do that. Most trout fishing does not really get going until late May at the earliest and is really only good over the summer. The sea trout fishing is for fish that are going back out to sea kelts or spawned out fish. The sea trout run the rivers in the Fall spawn and over winter in the rivers and then go back out in the early spring. Just wanted to make you aware of that. Good luck with only one day you will be limited to try something somewhat close to Reykjavik I would imagine.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know of any guides. But you will be limited to sea trout fishing if you are going that early. Some lakes open up for fishing around April 15 but don't think you want to do that. Most trout fishing does not really get going until late May at the earliest and is really only good over the summer. The sea trout fishing is for fish that are going back out to sea kelts or spawned out fish. The sea trout run the rivers in the Fall spawn and over winter in the rivers and then go back out in the early spring. Just wanted to make you aware of that. Good luck with only one day you will be limited to try something somewhat close to Reykjavik I would imagine.
Thanks for the response.
I got in touch with few outfitters in Iceland. Waiting for their response.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Oscar Pall

I have a friend called Oscar Pall who guides in Iceland and he is a great guide and a really nice guy.
[email protected] call+3548640026
You will have a great time fishing with him if he is available.
He does more salmon work i think but he will be able to help i'm sure
Cheers
Sam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts