Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are going to take a two week vacation to Iceland this summer, late in July/early Aug.. This will mostly be a sight seeing trip but I want to spend a couple of days fishing for Atlantic salmon, if possible. Does anyone know if it is feasible to find a lodge or 'beat' for a day or two? If so what would you recommend in terms of rivers. Is it possible to rent the necessary fly gear as I would prefer not to bring my tackle for what will be a short part of the trip. Any help/tips would be appreciated. WPK

·
Registered
215 Posts
Am sending you a pm with a link that may be helpful. I believe the company is run by a user of this board, but shan't risk upsetting sponsors/admin by posting the name publicly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hmmm..... the policy is simple. If you do provide the information publicly, just follow up with a email to the business suggesting sponsorship (cc: [email protected]).

So once again (and again...) if you want to post the info just send an email as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for any assistance. We visited Ireland last summer and enjoyed it immensely. I watched two spey casters fishing for salmon in Galway and wished I had my rod. WPK

·
Registered
57 Posts
I went to iceland 2 years ago, very nice place to go, but salmon fishing starts at about 300$ a day (goes up to 1300$) which wasn't realy in our budget!
This wasn't a to big problem cause iceland has also one of the best trout fishing in the world... We fished a river near Akurery were we caught a lot of sea run char and after breakin our leaders on sea run brown trouts we had a lot of fun.
There is great sea run brown trout fishing in iceland that is just opening to tourists (I don't know the exact best time but i think its early summer). Then we went to the upper Laxa near Mywatn lake (the upper part of the great salmon river) for brown trout fishing, very nice river, nice streamer fishing and nymph fishing.
The thing is that you have to make reservations for your licences very early!!!! Most of the rivers are allready sold out.
Many rivers are booked trough laxa angling club ore local shops(there are not many).
Don't miss the blue lagoon...
Have fun.
jc.
:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks to those of you who sent me information about Iceland fishing. I was naive regarding the cost and the need for advanced reservations. Oh well, it's fun to watch and dream. I may get in on some of the trout fishing, if I can. Anyway the Deschutes will be rocking with summer runs when we get back and that's not bad. WPK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts