Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At Kiene's Sacramento Spey Clave on the American River yesterday, all participants had the opportunity to cast T&T, Sage, Scott and Loomis rods. Many thanks to Dale Hightower [T&T], John Sherman [Sage], Jason Lozano [Scott] and the gentlemen from Loomis whose names I did not get.

And thanks to Bill Kiene, Jeff Putnam, Adam Grace and all that made this a worthwhile event.

While discussing the T&T range of rods, Dale mentioned the 1409 5-piece was a different rod than the 1409 3-piece. This caught my attention because the 3-piece is my primary rod and the general consensus in my part of the Spey world was that the two rods were essentially alike. Note the word "was" in the previous sentence. For sure, the 5-piece is quite different, being slower and with, to use Dale's words, "more butt swing."

The purpose of this thread is advise folks contemplating the T&T 1409 series to cast both the 3- and 5-piece rod. If the 3-piece is a bit fast for your taste, try the 5-piecee.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Another Surprise

Have both the of the T&T's 1409-5 and 1510-5. If you really want a surprise try the 15 with a Carron 10/11 line on it. They are both way to easy to use.
Leroy...................

1 - 3 of 3 Posts