2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On an AJ, with some feathers.

a slightly different view to see wing split

had fun with it. tied a real pronounced tail, we will see what happens. :D

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
That's a great looking wing set. Nice work.

·
Registered
361 Posts
What a beauty! Thanks for posting.

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,265 Posts
I make and use many very similar flies, you'll catch with that. If ever you want, look up the recipe for Pryce Tannat"s version of the Jock O' Dee. I've used that pattern with great results on steelhead - rainbow - char and grayling. I make them on Bartleet #4 using BEP for the hackle. I've never felt the need to make any larger because the #4 does so well.

Nice tying you've done,

Ard

·
Registered
997 Posts
Super Fly Matt!
You know thats gonna get chomped on brother!

J

·
Administrator
18,164 Posts
Really nice work Matt :smokin::smokin:
Love the colours and the profile on this one !! This Dee will hunt well for you I'm sure .
Stellar tying my friend :)
I've been tying a pronounced tail on all my flies for the past few seasons with good results . Next thing you know , you'll be tying forked tails too :hihi:

Mike

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks guys, I liked this one, but I'm semi surprised by the response. Its a bit messy and the photos aren't as bright as I like, as its been raining.

Cane Caster, I straight stole your color scheme from that Dee you gave Tim. I actually had a dream about fishing a fly in that color scheme it stuck out to me so much.

This one may go on next week with the higher flows on the Rogue. The fish have moved out of the town water in Grants Pass, so they must be up high!

All the best Gents (and ladies)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts