Spey Pages banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a 4" Perfect on an old Bruce and Walker 15ft 10-12. I didn't have my camera along to take a picture unfortunately. I've seen 3-3/4, 4-1/4 and 4-1/2 but never a 4. Made me want one.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Dana,

Sparky didn't post the last message I did. Now that he is my roommate we share a computer here at the house too and didn't look who I was signed in as when I posted.

Those reels are seriously the best. I need a 4" for a new rod I am getting this summer. Ok need maybe is the wrong word want might be better. :hihi:

JJ

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,533 Posts
You people make me sick.

Have you checked out the tolerances in those old reels? They are pieces of junk. :razz:

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Dana,

I have to agree. The sand slightly quiets the racket they make; thus, helping the fisherman keep his hearing intact.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Keeping on blastin'

I'm not sure that this analogy applies to fly reels, but one of the strengths of the legendary Colt M1911 .45 ACP is that its sloppy tolerences let it keep working despite sand, mud, crud, and blood.

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,533 Posts
Electric guitars, Hardy reels and the crack of a 300 Win. Mag have all left me saying, "what was that?"

On the other hand, I have an excuse when I don't hear my wife saying she would prefer it if I didn't go fishing. :cool:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Dana, you have pic of a 4 from one of my trips up north. It's a "special" 4 as it isn't marked, kind of stealth if you will.

Tip, stripping line doesn't count :lildevl:

·
JD
3,641 Posts
got that right---almost

sinktip said:
Electric guitars, Hardy reels and the crack of a 300 Win. Mag have all left me saying, "what was that?"

On the other hand, I have an excuse when I don't hear my wife saying she would prefer it if I didn't go fishing. :cool:
Martin HD-28 with heavy gauge strings,,,,all acoustic,,,,the real thing. :smokin:
Wife says if I go fishing one more time, she is going to leave me. :whoa:
Past tense. End of problem. :D

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
JDJones said:
Martin HD-28 with heavy gauge strings,,,,all acoustic,,,,the real thing. :smokin:
Wife says if I go fishing one more time, she is going to leave me. :whoa:
Past tense. End of problem. :D
Voiding your warranty with those Heavy guages JD :tsk_tsk: :hihi:

·
JD
3,641 Posts
Strings

They may only be medium gauge. But one thing for sure, slinky's ain't gonna' get it. :hihi:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.