Spey Pages banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fishing today on the Salmon River in ID, and my brother in law, who is here for Thanksgiving,came up and launched his drone, taking some video. He was flying it when I hooked a SH briefly and then lost it. The best part is my reaction after I lost the fish! BTW, it was a nice one! According to the weather reports we've got 3 more days then we're iced up again!

Check out this video:

http://youtu.be/pikv1UEjBT0

·
Registered
912 Posts
Looks like you made a couple of appropriate gestures too!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have fished that run so many times and never had a bump. Every time I fish it without success, I say to my self, never again but it's such nice water, that I can't not fish it. Nice to know that there are willing players.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have fished that run so many times and never had a bump. Every time I fish it without success, I say to my self, never again but it's such nice water, that I can't not fish it. Nice to know that there are willing players.

Hey, we need to talk!! It might be better than you (we) think!! But yeah, it's good some days, and nothing others. I don't give up on it though.

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,262 Posts
I'm guessing that was done with a helicopter with built in camera, is that correct? If so would you please tell me what type it is.

Thanks,

Ard

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
What a beautiful pice of water. I wouldn't be able to pass it by, whether I'd caught fish in it or not.

Fun vid. Thanks.

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,130 Posts
It's easy to ascertain when the fish gained its freedom!

Great perspective!

I'd not be able to resist that stretch either! Well done!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Nice

Great video. I hope we'll see drones infiltrate the fishing video world more. The views and angles possible are phenomenal.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm guessing that was done with a helicopter with built in camera, is that correct? If so would you please tell me what type it is.

Thanks,

Ard
It's a Phantom 2 Vision Plus drone, with a go pro camera. We're headed out again just now to fish, we might get some more "footage".

·
On the Columbia River,B.C
Single hand rod 63 years, Spey 12 years Fly tying 63 years
435 Posts
Looks like fabulous coyote country also. Lots of wide open spaces.
BJay

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's a Phantom 2 Vision Plus drone, with a go pro camera. We're headed out again just now to fish, we might get some more "footage".
Correction: It's a Phantom 2 Vision Plus, but it has it's own camera, not a go pro.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts