Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
A very strong second on that choice Chris.......

I joined Norm Norlander and Norvise because of what his vise does, and his service to his customers...Norm is second to none when it comes to customer service.

Check out his website and see what his vise can do. It is all I tie on.

http://www.nor-vise.com/nor-vise-videos.html

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
The Nor-Vise is a great piece of equipment.

That being said if you are on a budget I'd look at a Griffin Odyssey Spider
@ $85.00usd including a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the advice(no pun intented)
i want to spend under a 100 buck. i really want to get serious about tying, since i dont get out much any more (3 kids-oldest turns four next month:Eyecrazy:) i think tying will have to feed my fishing addiction for the next while.
cheers

·
Registered
402 Posts
I see your local is the Chedder so.....

If you are on a budget go into Freds and ask Daryl about a "regal knock off" he will know what you want.

They cost about fifty bucks and my first vise was one, lasted me several years of very heavy tying. You could spend the rerst of your budget on feathers and fur.....................

They are good entry level vises, and come highly recomended by everyone who I have ever talked to that owned one.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Based on what I read here and elsewhere, the griffin odyssey spider is the way to go. 75 and change from docs fly box. Mine's in the mail

·
Registered
407 Posts
Vise

I have had a Regal for years and years and still going strong. Great heavy duty vise. I just purchased a Renzetti Presentation Cam 2000 after much checking. I mainly wanted the Renzetti to tie trout and small flies. So far that has been excellent and just what I wanted. There is one for sale listed on this Classified section which is exactly what I got. Good luck Mike

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
This is a no-brainer, Griffin Odyssey Spider. It is the best low-cost, true rotary available. It holds hooks with a vengence, is easy to use, well made of good materials, and very well priced.

If price is not a consideration, the Renzetti Master Vise, Renzetti, P4000, Dyna King Barracuda (the one I use), Norvise, LAW vise, and probably some I don't know would be worth looking at. However, since you mentioned price is a consideration, get the Griffin, you won't be sorry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts