Spey Pages banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
this helps..

out at home.

If GF mentions I am spending an awful lot of time playing with things Spey, I can show her an example of what it COULD be like and tell her to count her blessings!!

Way Cool charts, wish there were a standard display like this for all the lines. Re-awakened my "engineer within".

Scott

·
Registered
465 Posts
Drb,
Nice profiles! Us technical types like pictures. I suspect if you made several measurements at each station where you measured diamter and then used the mean measurement, the "bumps" on your graphs would smooth out a bit.

Have you compared your results to the published values? An overly plot would show this nicely.

I was surprised by the tip of the DT10F line appearing to be larger than its taper. It seems confirmed by the opposite end of the line. What's up with that?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pescaphile said:
Drb,
I suspect if you made several measurements at each station where you measured diamter and then used the mean measurement, the "bumps" on your graphs would smooth out a bit.
QUOTE]

I think the bumbs are real. I think the way lines are made it is possible that with sub par qa/qc it could happen.

The DT10, I only measured one end :confused: and made a mirror for the other end, someday I will measure the other end, but you have to take the whole thing off of the reel>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.