Spey Pages banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haha I have a few slips of really short Kori and others planning on putting that low and clear selection together :devil:

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
I think Bustard looks best used with color, but what do i know, I've never actually got to work with the stuff. I'm still on road kill turkey

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think Bustard looks best used with color, but what do i know, I've never actually got to work with the stuff. I'm still on road kill turkey
A buddy of mine gave me some big stuff which I will use for those special marriages, I got the little slips of Kori and florican and these smalls are the business to use it on. The flor/kori wing was a request of that same dude.

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
I have heard it marries well, even to GP tail, are the rumors true? does it marry to amherst and Golden pheasant well?

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have heard it marries well, even to GP tail, are the rumors true? does it marry to amherst and Golden pheasant well?
Kori will marry anything she is the floozy of the married wing world. However, I will add that if the GP tail or Amherst tail is junk or dried out too much it will not marry even to it self. I'll just sub golden orange dyed peacock secondary for GP. Amherst will marry pretty good to it. But same role applies cant be crispy and needs to be prime quality. All that being equal to too much damn money

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
cool little flies i like top one best. watch the slips in the wing rhere not even

gp tail just needs to be washed few times and steamed

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Slips are good, ones just riding up little I make sure before, during and after mount. You can see a slight hump in the near side which throws it up a bit

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Looks great Matt.

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice work, Matt. These are some classy ties for steel.

Cheers,
Adrian
What the hell eh, nothing to fancy for chrome domes, I look at it like this. My one time this year ill chase. I'm throwing the fanciest crap I got!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts