Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last couple months I have had a few friends ask me if I have quit tying flies. I have not quit tying but I have not been tying as much. to tell the truth, when I do sit down to the vice I am Just as likely to tie a fly for tiger musky as I am to tie this stuff. Anyway, here are a couple flies I have tied the last little while.

·
Internet Scientist
1,302 Posts
Brilliant tying. I think you answered your friends' concerns adequately!

What is the tag feather on the last fly? It looks like a quail crest feather but it's kind of big (or the hook is really small). That tie is stunning to say the least.

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,831 Posts
Glad to hear

Stellar bit of tying there

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,165 Posts
Middlecalf - Having shot a boxcar full of quail in my day, I'm quite sure you nailed the tail on that last stunner!

Allen - you are indeed a gifted tier. You and your vise crank out some beautiful works of art. I'd be loathe to tie one of those beauties on and fish it, but I know that's what they're for.

thanks for sharing and inspiring.

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,307 Posts
Hi Allen,

You don't appear to be out of shape with tying, all are beauties. I have wondered that I saw not posts from you but then I haven't tied a fly for months myself so.......... I must start very soon but don't see anything like you've shown us coming off my vise.

Nice,

Ard

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
All so fantastic...4th pic down on the Blue Heron....:eek:...it makes me sing (and don't make me sing)

Righteous work.

Cheers

·
Registered
895 Posts
Great to see your talent here again, Allen!

Even better is that I have a few of your beauties in my collection.

I'm glad you posted something, by the way- it reminded me that I never got those hooks out to you!

Great job on all these ties, my friend,

-Bill

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
All so fantastic...4th pic down on the Blue Heron....:eek:...it makes me sing (and don't make me sing)

Righteous work.

Cheers
Singing and poetry? Keep posting such great work and we may get a dance... Adrian Cortes, the one man Vegas show!!!

Seriously great work on these! Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
997 Posts
Allen.

All I can muster to say is wow! These are all tied so beautifully, Thankyou for sharing these flies with us. I love them all. But this little honey is pretty special. If I saw that fly in friends box.... I would be inclined to liberate her for my own purposes!

Awesome.

James

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone.
The wood carved fly box was made by mitchaka2fish and the tail on that last fly is quail. That hook is an AJ 1.5

·
Registered
506 Posts
real nice. really. btw what is that box? my uncle is a wood worker and made me some fly boxes with the same hinges and used foam inside. if you made your own, where did your find the metal clips?

Thanks,
Andrew

1 - 20 of 23 Posts