Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Sounds interesting.

I have no idea but suppose it could be similar to what I've been calling the zig-zag cast, which essentially uses a back and forth motion to achieve what the snake roll does on river right, downriver anchor. So instead of rolling tension to form a d-loop, it waves the rod tip back and forth to get momentum in the line to allow pulling back a d-loop then cast (?) like ringing a dinner bell, or more like a "town crier" bell for history buffs (which I am not).

OK I give up. :tongue:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found the term on the sexyloops board and felt kind of dumb for not knowing as apparantly it is a BC thing.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I use the dinner bell cast frequently on nearly every outing, from dawn to dusk. Basically it's any cast that is so messed up, so awkward, and so embarrassingly maladroit (especially when performed with $1500 worth of equipment) that it tells you, 'Give it up, wanker--go home and have dinner.' :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
debarb said:
I use the dinner bell cast frequently on nearly every outing, from dawn to dusk. Basically it's any cast that is so messed up, so awkward, and so embarrassingly maladroit (especially when performed with $1500 worth of equipment) that it tells you, 'Give it up, wanker--go home and have dinner.' :D
Hey, I've been practicing that one too ! A lot ! (But I'm cheaper on the equipment)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts