Spey Pages banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Coednakedspey
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have something that I would like to tell everyone in here.

It's been tough for me to come to grips with this, but the first part of solving the problem is admitting that you have a problem.

Everyone, I'm a Tackle Whore. Yes, I am a serious tackle whore. Part of me lusts to try new gear, to feel the essence of a new line wrapped around my chair as I reel it onto my new state of the art reel. To see the sparkle of the polymer of a new high end factory rod that is proclaimed the latest and greatest as I molest the grade A cork.

While I haven't indulged myself to no where near the point that maybe Dana or many in here have (he is supporting his habit through the Spey pages. "Oh yeah, I need to do reviews for the spey pages," we know the truth) Dana, stop feeding us a line of BS. You're a tackle whore, admit it!

I have been a closet tackle whore up until this point, where I have restricted myself from the fact that I have been busy with other things, but when the oppurtunity presents itself, I am in there trying things like a dirty shirt. Picking rods up, flicking them. Reeling reels with no line on them. Tightening the drag. Searching through websites. Reading them again.

The thing that pisses me off is that I bought the Simms guideweight waders this past Spring, and have put 15 Rod days on them (exactly, I have kept track), and now that Simms is coming out with the new G3's as per Ryans post in the Gear section, I am trying to figure out a way to get my hands on the new G3's.

What can I do? Is there a support group for this type of thing?

You know honestly, the more I think of tackle, the more I think of Barbies. Remember when your sister played with just Barbie? And then they came out with nurse barbie, and sports barbie? And then they kept adding more and more barbies, when in all honesty they're all the same thing, just more improved barbies? Well I think tackle is the same way. We have rods, reels, and lines that will do the job, but when something slightly more improved comes away, we have to have it. Tackle isn't just for fishing. It's toys for us older people.

It goes to show that we never grow up.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts