Spey Pages banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
fly on little wing
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here I am at the vise again. What do I decide to tie? More Intruders!!!! What is it??? The waddington shank? The palmered hackle? The ostrich plume? The mix of colors? The yak hair? Why can't I stop tying these things????

G

·
Junkyard Spey
7,105 Posts
Here I am at the vise again. What do I decide to tie? More Intruders!!!! What is it??? The waddington shank? The palmered hackle? The ostrich plume? The mix of colors? The yak hair? Why can't I stop tying these things????

It must be that IPA you use to tease the marabou back.:lildevl:

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
G - I feel your pain.... I have merely tried to remain under the radar lately - a closet intruder - if you will. But I just can't stop tying the rascals.

Your post almost caused me to bust out the digital for some more photos... but I have managed to grit my teeth and resist - at least for now :Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use alot of Rhea while tying intruders and Intruder variants. Smaller Intruders, I stick with Rhea. On larger intruders, I tie with Ostich.
My pictures are too big to put as attachments. I will post them in the gallery.
Chris

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Okay, you knew I couldn't resist.... here is just one :tsk_tsk:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
It is a little over 4" long over-all. I now tie them considerably smaller and they are effective as well.

My current favourite I call the "Lady Caroline Intruder", yes I know... almost an oxymoron. However, its drab browns and olives really remind me of its namesake. I did had success with it this past fall and one very unlucky (and well-documented) hatchery winter-run was undone by it.

I don't have a "presentable" one at the moment, but when I next tie one I will post a picture.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.