Spey Pages banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I'm interested in Triangle Taper lines, but I am wondering about the line designation... If I want to use a TT on a rod that works well with a WF8, what number should I choose; TT7 or TT8 ??
I found an article on the Net, according to which I should use a TT7 (if I draw the whole length of head); here it is:
Whereas most weight forward lines have a variable taper head, the Lee Wulff Triangle Taper line has a continuous taper from the tip of the line to the end of the head, at 40 feet, and a very short back taper to the running line. The lines used to have a double line rating ie TT5/6F but now have a single line rating. this means that if you are using a TT5F, if you aerialise 30 feet of the line it will perform as a 5#, but if you aerialise the full 40 foot head, it will perform as a 6#
What do you think of it?

·
Registered
506 Posts
TT lines

Mike from the Redshed should jump in on this, but just in case he doesnt.

TT-7-F 27 grams + - 1.50

TT-8-F 32 grams + - 1.50

The 7 and 8 weight lines have a 65 ft head, but are weighted at 70 ft.

Hope this helps

Skilly

·
Registered
941 Posts
Closp

If you are talking about lines for single-handed rods, you'll be happy with the TT8. The TT8 works pretty much the same as a normal WF8. The heads on the lines for single handed rods are, in fact, 36' to 40'.

If you're referring to TT SPEY lines, Skilly is right with the length of the heads for them. I've found the TT8 SPEY line to balance pretty well with 8 wt Spey rods.

Bill

·
Registered
889 Posts
Closp,

I have found the lines to be great! I like them on all actions of rods too. If you like the rod to feel quicker and also like to carry more line for the cast I recommend going with the # listed and match it to the lower number on the rod to be used on.

If you like the rod to flex deeper then go with one line weight higher. Or you can even go up two if planning on fishing shorter or really like the rod to load deep.

William

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay, thanks a lot ! Does anyone happen to know about the actual weight of the first 40 feet of a TT7 and of a TT8 (single hand rod) ?
Anyway I think I've already got enough information to make up my mind!
So thanks again. :)

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Triangle Taper Lines

Howdy Closp,

I've sent you a PM with some info. Take care, MJC

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:) received and replied ! Thanks !! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.