Spey Pages banner

huge Thumbs Up to RIO!

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Bob Pauli 
#1 ·
And Zack for helping me through a "break" in the Rio windcutter I have. Really appreciate him working through an exchange of lines between fishing trips for steelies in Oregon, Idaho and Washington. Other's have posted similar messages highlighting the excellent customer service recieved from sponsers of this forum, I just wanted to add mine in regards to Rio. A Great Product, and a Great Company that stands behind its product!

Incidently, has anyone else had problems with Rio's tipped lines and cracks in the poly coating right next to the loop connections? I had two show up right next to the loop connection/coating on the main line. I have a similar line for my single hander, but haven't had such a problem show up on that rod/line combo.

Again, Thanks To RIO!!!!:D

#2 ·
In early 2003 I had a Midspey and a Windcutter have failures in the area you described, these were the first of the 2003 lines. Zack from Rio got the replacement lines to me in a few days no questions asked. The Windcutter now has almost a hundred days on it and no cracking. I did not change the way I used the lines so the failure was not caused by anything I had done it was just a manufacturing defect. Great customer support I will continue to by their products.

Ian

#3 ·
Peter-S-C

no, except for the first 1/2 dozen overhead casts to get the line started and fish the close water, i cast with all but the 1st 2-3' of the entire head out beyond the tip top. Could be associated with me being relatively new to the spey world and casting harder and stressing the line more than i need to be. from Tayside's response, sounds like a similar problem. am not anticipating any more problems, we'll see!

#4 ·
I had this problem as well with an early 2003 line when they first started using the new welded loops. All subsequent lines since then have been fine.

I think that first batch had some production problems but they have since corrected it.

-sean

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.