Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Speyladdie
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen.
Can some one tell me how to insert pics to a post.
Thanks Neil.:confused:

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Neil,

I just learned how myself. The biggest thing is to be able to reduce the size of the photo to 72 dpi and the pixels to 6000x5000. If you have a photo shop type program to do that the rest is easy. :eyecrazy: I needed a tutorial from Dana sitting at my computer to finally get it straight! Good luck!

·
Speyladdie
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Inseting pics

Thanks Kush.
I think I can do the size thing o/k.What next.How do I attach the file/pic to this site thread?:confused:
Neil.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Neil

Once you have reduced the size of the pic...save it to a folder you can recall...then do your post and at the bottom of the post screen look on the left margin where it says attach...then look to the right and you will see the browse radio button...click on it and locate the file you saved.....when you locate the file you want to attach just double click it...and voila..it will attach itself...If you get an error message that says the file is too big...go back to your photo or imaging editor and reduce it some more...I use the "Paint" program...when I want to shrink or enlarge, go to the Image tool bar and click on stretch or skew...click on it and either decrease ( I usually decrease to 75% ) and it has worked everytime. Or increase as the case may be...Save it again then go through the attachment process again......works for me without fail now......

Best regards.....Jake

Here's and example of a full sized picture reduced to 75%...see it worked....grin grin

Attachments

·
Speyladdie
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Attaching pics

Thanks Jake.
Here we go.Ihope it works.
Neil.

·
Speyladdie
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Attaching pics

:DGood job Jake,it worked.
I'll try a couple more just to see Iv'e got it down.
Neil. :smokin:

·
Speyladdie
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Attaching pics

:DGood job Jake,it worked.
I'll try a couple more just to see Iv'e got it down.
Neil. :smokin:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
By Jove I think he's got it

Hey nicely done....now you can play with the size and get the maximum out of your pics.....looking at your last posts I would say that you could actually come up in size somewhat. As you may have found out,you cannot post the same pic on the forum. It picks up the duplication and will ask you not to repost a pic that you have already posted.

Well done...wait til you see how a fly turns out on the forum....greater detail than a panorama scene

Best regards.....Jake

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Hey that is not right...

Not sure why we had the tags disabled for the spey clave. Just turned them on cause that method helps us save bandwidth.

Neil another way to post photos if they are already hosted on another website(just make sure there are either yours or you have permission is to use the [IMG] tags on the reply form. Just put the url of the image between them and the photo will show up.

Sorry those we not enabled guys and thanks for the heads up Gus.

-sean

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's just...

an overhand weave.

I had never seen a steelhead fly tied that way and have been tying some great caddis larva with beadheads, burlap thorax and olive & brown woven bodies, and I thought, "why wouldn't that work on a steelhead fly?" - so I 'borrowed' some brighter thread from my daughter's friendship bracelet stash (shhhhh...) and went to town on the body.

I think there are some real possibilities there. The woven bodies are virtually indestructible, and color possibilities are only limited by your imagination and ability to chat it up with the ladies at the embroidery thread display at the local craft store...

"Yes, I actually tie fishing flies with the thread, Ma'am...":whoa:

-G

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thats what I thought. I've tied a few stonefly nymphs that way but have enough work in them that I don't think they've gotten wet.

The woven bodies are virtually indestructible, and color possibilities are only limited by your imagination and ability to chat it up with the ladies at the embroidery thread display at the local craft store...

"Yes, I actually tie fishing flies with the thread, Ma'am..."
They talk to you. I normally get the look of "whats a man doing in here". :hehe: I can only imagine the looks Penguin got purchasing the pink maribou boa.:eyecrazy: :eyecrazy:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
G Strand

O.K.....your turn to tell us how you imbedded an image...I have never done that before....and as it saves bandwidth, I think we should be using this one.....

Thanks....Jake

·
Registered
79 Posts
you just...

The image has to be available on the web, first. I upload them to my earthlink personal space (my own little webpage, er... soapbox, is at: http://home.earthlink.net/~piscator )

Then you type [ IMG] http: // w w w. y o u rimage address [/IMG ] (without the spaces. I added them so you could see the code...) and viola!

-G

·
Speyladdie
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm with you Norseman.
O/K G show us your stuff.As much info as possible pleaseThere are still a lot of computer rookies out there yet.I'm one of them:confused:
Thanks Neil.
Spey laddie.:smokin:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Let me break it down a bit more...

First, you need a good small digital image.

For the board, ideally, it's less than 500 pixels wide, and a JPEG format (myfilename dot jpg.) You can use whatever photo editor you have for this. I use Photoshop, but it's easy to do in Microsoft Photo Editor, and whatever software comes bundled with digital cameras and scanners these days as well. IF YOU HAVE THE OPTION, save it as high compression or medium/low quality. You won't be able to tell the difference on the board, and it'll speed up the download of the thread.

Second, you need this image uploaded to a web server or site somewhere where it is accessible via a hypertext transfer - a standard web address (that "http://" thing...). Often times, some of this space is included with your internet service. I use earthlink, they give plenty of server space (and for people that need it they provide very easy tools for building a simple website and uploading pictures.) Many people use imagestation to host their pictures: http://www.imagestation.com

Once you have the picture uploaded somewhere, you're ready to go. You will need the web address of the picture (that "http://yaddayadda_part.all_the_way.to_the_dot.jpg")

Then it's easy.

You can either type in the code needed, or use the built in tools on the message:

Once you click the IMG button, a javascript box pops up for you to enter the address of the image in to:

Then the code is inserted in to your message. The key is the tag. Tags are the secret code to getting things done on the web... this and every page is made up of hundreds of them.

Note that you can just type the tags in to your message as well...

This is the result:

Give it a try!

-Gus

visit me at: http://home.earthlink.net/~piscator

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Nicely Done

Great screen captures.....this will no dobut take me some time to master...I have to set up my webspace in order to get this done. Kinda reminds me of fly fishing....you never stop learning....thanks for all the work Gus

Best regards....jake

1 - 20 of 32 Posts