Spey Pages banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a dumb sh..? :confused:

After one of the Charity Spey Clinics Andre' Duran and I went off to do a bit of fishing. Fished one place (zip) so lets just move down stream a couple hundred yards to the next drift. Break down the rods .. na, says I. We'll just leave the window up on rear door of the old fishing Ford and they'll be fine for a few yards.

Down comes window in less than 10 seconds ... you can guess the rest.

SAME PLACE this morning, same dip shi. idea. 10 seconds later the window comes down on one of my William Olson (Inland on the board) custom made Burkie rods.

You can guess the rest :(

·
JD
3,641 Posts
????

So,,,,,How many times does it take. Fred??? :tsk_tsk:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well a new rod has crossed my mind .. even though I'll get this one 'fixed.'

Bob Meiz. has a new 16,' 6 piece 7 (or 7-8?) in the test stages. Now this could be a Rogue River Summer run Cannon!!!! with an XLT line.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Geez Fred, what happened to your handy dandy bungee cords for your luggage rack to haul your rods around?

For Christmas last year, my wife got me a set of the towers to haul my rods around. They stay in the back of my OJ Simpson Bronco ready to go on the roof to haul a rod or 4 of them. They work great.

However as a type A person, she argued with me this summer when we left one beach spot to go to another. She didn't want me to spend the time putting the towers on and then the rods on the tires. As usual in these situations, I just ignored her, put the towers on and then two rods. About half way down the road, she agreed that I made the right decision.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.