Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Grandpa Howard
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting quite a few years ago I got into swing old school wet flies. It is about all I do for trout. I have been tying up some March Browns and such. Wondering if anyone would be interested in a few step by steps.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Starting quite a few years ago I got into swing old school wet flies. It is about all I do for trout. I have been tying up some March Browns and such. Wondering if anyone would be interested in a few step by steps.
Would love to see what you have, please do!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Can't speak for the others but I'm happy to see any flys you post or do a SBS!!!

·
AJS Reels
421 Posts
Looking forward to this!

Got my attention, soft hackles please sir

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
I always like the alexandra as works well in the southwest australia desert.

just do it,
cheers,
shawn

·
Administrator
18,138 Posts
I'm partial to Leadwing Coachmans, March Browns, Mother's Day Caddis softhackles and PT & Grouse softhackles .... just saying :roll:

Mike

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'd love to see anything about soft hackles/wetflies/swinging them for trout. It is a tactic I've been trying to learn more about recently!

·
Dom
3,115 Posts
Gotta love that snappy wet fly pull! Red Tag is probably the most simple wet but soo effective.

·
Grandpa Howard
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Copy that, sounds like I need to spend some time on trout stuff. Having only fished classic wet flies for the past 10 years, I am no expert. I could catch 10 times more fish with a nymph and a bobber, but have found swinging a team of wet flies to be far more rewarding. I have an old video (30 years old) from 3M called Fishing the English Way. I am not sure how you could get a hold of one, but its a classic. Great old school info on how to swing a team of wet flies. I will get on some step by steps and try to hit as many as I can. I fish them all, but the Bumble is my go-to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts