Votes: 9 2.9%
  • yahoo, mountain dew!!!

Votes: 25 8.1%
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Jolly Buddha
504 Posts
Dana Dana

There are some of us that DON"T drink the hard stuff, just Mountain Dew!

You never gave us a shot

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well, I have yet to test this out on the river. However, I'm confident it will steady my hands and keep me from rushing through the cast. I've only been out fishing with the two-handed rod early in the morning before work. My boss is very understanding about my schedule, however, I don't think a whiff of Balvenie Single Barrel on my breath would go over very well. :confused:

I believe Spey casting and single-malt go hand in hand.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Never drank it before or during casting but have enjoyed a bit around the fire with good buds. I think it is an acquired taste, good buzz. :eek:

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
The trick is to pour it over your Wheaties. Breakfast of the speygods:saevilw:

·
EAT IT!!!
338 Posts
If I drink enough of it, I THINK I have spey skills. :rolleyes:

Coffee up.......PBR down. After a week of fishing, it gets to be automatic

·
SRO Direct Dealer
578 Posts
I have not aquired a taste for Scotch, probably because the only brand I have tasted is Johnny Walker Red which my uncle used to drink. I hope the Scotch barrel wood on my new rod will compensate for the lack of Scotch in my blood stream and bring the fish to my hook.

Rich

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ol Rich said:
Scotch barrel wood on my new rod will compensate for the lack of Scotch in my blood stream and bring the fish to my hook.
Ahh, Johnnie Walker red is a blend. I've seen the pictures of your new rod. I think the Scotch barrel wood is worth some serious single-malt points.

Side note: Rich, any word on the Scotch that was in the barrel that was transformed into such a beautiful piece of art?

·
Recovering Albie-holic
1 Posts
Beer Drinkers...UNITE!!!

Only 7 votes so far for barley pop :roll: ...never acquired a taste for scotch as ANY whiskey reminds me too much of an evening (and consequent morning) spent with Jim Beam back in college. :saevilw: This is a great poll, however...you forgot a few more of my favorites when I am throwing a one-hander in warmer climates (or just want to feel like I should be). Both "The Captain" and "Jose Cuervo" have improved my casting distance and accuracy on the flats, or at least thats the story...and I'm sticking to it.! :smokin:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I don't believe its a question of how much better it makes you, but rather how much better it makes you think you are and thus the description to your buddies of the phenominal casting prowess that you have achieved leads to another spey legend being born. :smokin:

Ramsay

·
Registered
227 Posts
After last weekend (room 105 for those who were there) the debate will rage on a long time. I just don't have the courgae to post pictures of the casting practice that went on that night!

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Ah Pete, you are indeed a fine gentlemen.

·
Swinger of Flies
103 Posts
Someone brought back old memories by mentioning Jameson and PADDY!!!

Jameson 1780 - Yummy
Paddy......Ahhh Paddy. I have consumed gallons upon gallons of Paddy once upon a time.

One time when I was living in Germany, I closed down the bar (which was rightfully named Paddy's). I had won another bottle of Paddy from this quiz thing they used to do. Anyhow, I got back to the barracks, drank my bottle of free Paddy. I was awaken by my room mate and alerted to the Very, VERY large woman that was occupying 3/4 of my bed. This was rather startling to me as I have NO RECOLLECTION of how I ended up in this situation....only my empty bottle of Paddy's sitting on the table. That was the last bottle of Paddy's I have ever touched. I have never seen it in the states though. :eek:

·
Indicators Anonymous
846 Posts
FrenchCreek said:
After last weekend (room 105 for those who were there) the debate will rage on a long time. I just don't have the courgae to post pictures of the casting practice that went on that night!
We just want to see the pictures of Tyler playing dress up. :Eyecrazy: :saevilw:

1 - 20 of 105 Posts