Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In response to my post "A Letter to All Spey Folk" some of you are wondering how to subscribe to the Speypages in order to support the site and avoid shut down on January 1st, 2005. There are two to methods you can use to send me your minimum $40 USD subscription:

1. (easiest):): use paypal. Click on this link http://www.speypages.com/speyclave/subscriptions.php? and follow the steps to subscribe using paypal and your credit card (if you are not a speyclave registered user you will need to register first by going here: http://www.speypages.com/speyclave/register.php? and then subscribe) It is fast, easy and secure. Paypal will notify us when you have subscribed and we will activate your subscription which will give you access to a new part of the speyclave that archives all of my newsletter articles and video clips. All you have to do is log in to the Forum and go to the speyclave and you will see a new section called Dana Sturn's Speypages Newsletter. This section will only be available to subscribers and will be online in a couple of weeks (Sean and I are working feverishly behind the scenes). Tonight I've added 10 new resources to the upcoming members section: 5 new written pieces that will be especially useful for anyone who teaches speycasting (including lesson plans), and 5 new videos.

And if that isn't enough to motivate you to sign up, once we hit the magic number of 200 subscribers I will put everyone's name in a hat and draw for 5 Loop Quattro Spey Lines, retail value of @$180 CDN. Winners can choose the line weight they prefer.

2. (easy too but slower): snailmail. Email me at [email protected] and let me know you want to subscribe and I will send you my mailing address for your cheque.

I need a minimum of 200 subscribers to keep the site running for 2005. You might ask "Well, if I send you my money and you don't get 200 subscribers and decide to shut down the websites then what happens to my money?" That is a fair question. Here's my commitment to you (and the fact that I have run these sites for free for 5 years should say all that needs to be said about my integrity): If I can't keep the site running next year I will refund your money. Period.

I hope you will support me and the Speypages/speyclave!

Thank you,

Dana Sturn
speypages.com

·
Registered
23 Posts
Keep the board alive

Dana
Count me in on the newsletter. I also like the idea of selling Quality hats and t-shirts to further support the board. John

·
Registered
545 Posts
No refund needed

Dana, I am sure we will raise the funds, but if not, you can keep my contribution for the three years that I poached for free.

Thanks for all of your hard work.

Greg

·
Registered
637 Posts
Keep it

Dana, if the unimaginable happens and you can't keep it going through '05, I don't want any money back.

Carl

·
Registered
439 Posts
Dana, Check is in the mail. I hope you can keep this site going as I know there is no free lunch forever.
Leroy.........................

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Dana,

My PayPal transfer is complete for one year subscription.

If your financial budget is not enough to continue, please keep the funds.

You have accomplished very excellent work on Speypages and this site, you have enriched my fly fishing,,,,, thank you.

Regards,
Fred Krow

·
Swinger of Flies
103 Posts
Dana,

It took me a while, but I just fired off my subscription payment. Thanks for all your hard work.

Jay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts