Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

A friend on mine has a Hardy Viscount Disc LA 9/10 that I am trying to figure out how to change from left hand to right hand. I am not familure with this reel and can't see any obvious changes to make. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jack,

Looking at the parts that makes sence. No other way it could work.

Greg

·
Jack Cook
1,668 Posts
Good News

There is a guy in Vancouver BC who does reel repairs for Hardy and does a business of it on the side as well. He has all the parts I have eve wanted and more, even for my old reels. I am sure someone out here knows his contact info.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it switched over. The first time i tried to flip the clutch over it seemed to be permanetly attached but this time it came loose. I flippped it over and all is well.

Thanks for the heads up on the reel repair and parts guy.

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
Just in case you need parts.

The lads name is John Mathers at Highfields in ladysmith, B.C. ww w.hardybc.com or (250) 245-0074
Top notch service and a really nice guy.
Salmon Chaser
><)))*>

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have problems with Highfields Fly Fishing. They repaired my lefthanded Hardy Perfect reel (removed broken screw from shaft) but didn't sent a new screw. As it's lefthanded it's hard to get. I have sent emails to company and tried to call them but responsible people seems never to be present. I'm little desperate because I would like to use that reel with my new bamboo fly rod.

Where else could I get that screw?

-jukka-

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Archeleta Reel Works--(888) 332-7335) between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM Pacific time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks. I'll contact them. I will also contact credit card company because I have paid something that I didn't receive.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Highfileds

John Mathers no longer is associated with Highfields. The Highfields operations were sold to a new gentlemen...I forget his name. Regardless, Terry the machinest, who worked for John, is now associated with the new Highfields.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience Jukkak. I've had two Perfect's feet swapped out by Terry and both times excellent work.

·
Speyladdie
429 Posts
FYI.
Sadly John Mathers is no longer with us.
Bill Tucker is out of the Hardy game.
Speyladdie.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went through my old emails and noticed that senders name changed after January.

Anyway I will get new screw through Hardy and hope that they didn't change screw size in Highfiels. Fishing season will soon start here in Finland and I hope I can use this reel with my new bamboo fly rod.

Thanks for everyone!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts