Spey Pages banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tim, this is for you, brother!

I have a "hook recycling bin", where my ties that I am not so thrilled with, lie in wait to meet the fate of the razor.

I let them steep in their misery for a while, let them see the light of day for a brief moment, then off with their heads!!:saeek:

I do give them a chance to show their stuff, however, and every so often one will have a second chance...

Digging through the bin today, and found that one. I really don't know why I didn't like it. I don't even remember when I tied her (sometimes they sit in that bin for a while). But she's got a second chance.

The point being, don't dispatch a tie right away. Let 'em sit for a while, and they'll be fine!!

Thanks,

-Bill

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Wth

A Magic Bin

How unfair mine still look like crap

Very nice tie Bill

T

·
0 Posts
recycled

Nice pattern
Yeah, I do give up on mine fast. I feel that a fine line between happy fishing fly, and a little more time: a nice happy fishing fly.
I would fish the tinsle off that.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Looks like a bad tie, should be donated probably. Got a goodwill nearby, can PM my address, please send all others in the trash bin that look like her! Are you kidding me? One mans trash...as they say!!!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to all for the kind comments!!

I think I tied this up when I was trying to focus on floss and tinsel work. Looking at the fly and the photo, I think what bothered me was the not so smooth tag, and the uneven wraps of oval on the body.

While I've realized since, that the fish don't mind about that stuff, we do!

Thanks again all,

-Bill

·
Registered
997 Posts
Bill.

With all due respect to you sir....... if that fly got discarded into the recycling bin.... perhaps you may want to consider laying of the scotch a little while you are at the vise.....:hihi:

I love this fly man! The colors and proportions are beautiful and fishy.... let me know if you throw any more away!

Cheers.
J.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Forget about the fly at this point!

I've never gotten a better laugh in one thread, than from the responses you've all posted here!!

Thank you all so much,

-Bill

1 - 17 of 17 Posts