Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Spencer and I'm from Idaho. Pleased to be here. I grew intrigued by spey fishing while living in Utah and hated that it wasn't utilized very much out there. The fisheries weren't necessarily conducive to the art, but that's another post. Anyways, I moved to the Boise area and have been trying to primarily self learn trout spey and maybe a little steelhead someday. Looking for advice, fishing buddies, and good times. Thanks.

Spencer

·
Administrator
18,138 Posts
Welcome to the Speypages !!
Glad you joined our community, you'll find everything and anything regarding the two-hander here.
This is a great community ... lots of sharing going on here ... lots of friends to be made as well :)
Enjoy your time here.

Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Spencer. Welcome to the Speypages. Like you, not many spey casters in my locale in central California. Self learning was actually fun but requires more than a little patience. At first I was fascinated by all the lines, tips, leaders etc. I kept trying some kind of new setup changing almost daily. Finally, I forced myself to settle down and stick with something until I got comfortable which was a much better strategy for me. I think you will enjoy the two-handed game and the members on this board are very friendly and helpful.

JP

1 - 3 of 3 Posts