Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

Long time lurker (thanks for all the info over the last year or so!), but finally got around to posting my "intro".

My name's Ryan, I'm a park planner and environmental scientist by trade and I'm based in outside of Washington, DC in Northern Virginia. I spend most of my days on the water on the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers and their tributaries, from little brook trout trickles down to tidewater, and have really been diving in to spey casting on one and two handed rods for trout, smallmouth bass, and shad in the last two years.

Speypages has been a great resource as I try to learn as much as I can about casting and fishing, and I'm stoked to meet you all!

·
Registered
902 Posts
If you are in D.C. then you are not far from the striper migration. DELMARVA, NJ, Carolinas.....lots of good marsh and beach fishing with a two hander to be had. Also lots of good single hand trout spey within a couple of hours or less. Five hours to secret trout swing waters in the Catskills with great small mouth fishing as a side dish. Welcome to Spey Pages.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Appreciate the warm welcome...I haven't explored much saltwater fishing in the area so definitely have a lot to learn there and am stoked to get started, but in the meantime I'm digging swinging for trout and bass in spots like the North Branch and the Shenandoah!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts