Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Spey....pages

I fish rivers and lakes in an around the lower portion of the beautiful Province of British Columbia, Canada

Just got my first 2 hander.... :smokin:
I got a Redington Dually 11'9" 8wt Switch rod. Currently set up with a Rio Skagit Max short head and Rio Powerflex Max running line. Mostly will be used for BC fall Salmon fishing and BC Steelhead throughout the winter months. Casting heavy tips and big flies is a helluva lot easier with this setup than on my SH 8wt!
So far so good.. as far as casting goes! A bit of a learning curve for sure, but it is coming along. I'm so used to single hand casting with a backcast.

I've really been on the hunt for 2 hand info/knowledge/tips etc... about this whole new realm of fishing.....

So.. now I'm here! :hihi:

Cheers

·
Administrator
17,815 Posts
Welcome to the Speypages !!
I sense the addiction is strong with you already ... welcome to the darkside :smokin:

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed it is! Having a Salmon river 5 mins walk away from home and many others within an hours drive keeps the addiction alive!

·
Registered
14 Posts
How was the BC steelie run this year? Meant to get over there this year, but missed out with another trip across the pond. Hoping to get over to Smithers or nearby next fall.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts