Spey Pages banner

Henrik Mortensen's book and video about underhand cast ?

4K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Closp 
#1 ·
:) Hello !

I would like to know if Henrik Mortensen has already published his book and his video about underhand cast...

Thanks a lot in advance for the information !

#4 ·
Hi!
Thanks a lot for the information, nice to read it should be available by now - or soon.
I tried and have a look on Google.com, but this is the only result I found:
http://www.sportfishing-iceland.com/verslun.asp?cat_id=1006&pid=6453
... doesn't look like his latest video, does it? it is not specified that it is about underhand cast.
I found another hint at the video on another page saying he shot most of the video about underhand cast on the West Ranga : http://www.sportfishing-iceland.com/veidistadir1.asp?element_id=2536&cat_id=829
But that's all I'm afraid... If you happen to find more information, please let me know.
Best regards,
Fabrice

#6 ·
:) hi!

I'm from Lyon, South east of France, about 450 kms south of Paris. So, yes, I do live in France - due to past international events and tension everywhere I didn't want to be discarded because I'm French so I decided to add "Great Britain". Well, that doesn't seem necessary so I'll correct it right now :D
I intend to go fishing on the French atlantic coast, sea trout (Sewin) mainly, next summer, and perhaps big shad too...with a double handed rod of course ! I've read a lot about it, especially underhand cast; sounds great! I currently own a Loop Black line 11'2" for line 7/8 in three pieces that I've just received ! ;)

#7 ·
Glad to see you were on line when I posted back.

Joan ("The Redhead" to the group) was a asst. travel guide for several years and France was here fav. place to be. Several trips there myself (last to the Normandy area ... even 50 years later this is a place you've got to see to believe).

Each trip has been a grand time and met several folks who are still very, very special to both of us.

Best to you!!
Fred

#8 ·
Normandy is a place apart, full of memories. Worth spending some time there and ponder.
I'm glad you made friends there; they are said to last.
:)
All the best!
Fabrice

#9 · (Edited)
Very true statements all.

Closp said:
Normandy is a place apart, full of memories. Worth spending some time there and ponder.
I'm glad you made friends there; they are said to last.
:)
All the best!
Fabrice
You have a much better 'appreciation' for the movie Saving Private Ryan after walking around Omaha, Gold, Sword, etc. Not to mention the food, local wine(s), etc., very good and didn't cost 'an arm and a leg.' But, one wrong turn off the main highway (going from Paris to Normady) and you'll get a 'tour' of the countryside like none other. I think they've removed every other road sign just to "get even" with the tourests.

A two-three hour drive ended up closer to 5!

:whoa:

http://community.webshots.com/user/jtravel

Fabrice, the above is Joan's webshots photo albums, one of which covers our trip to the Normandy (etc.,) area. The albums also have several of our Pacific Northwest Spey get-togethers.
fae

#11 ·
Fabrice, my favorite, Brittany is spectacular.

An incredibly rugged coast. The most treacherous rock strewn sea coast one can imagine, with 10 meter tides. Sailboats with two keels to stand upright on the sea bottom twice a day at low tides. Those without lay on their side. A multi-century history of brave local seamen rowing out from the beach to rescue people from sinking ships.

AND, plateau de fruit de mer, the fruit of the sea, an A#1 seafood platter.

Welcome to the board.

#12 ·
:D thanks to you all for your hearty welcome !!

To fredaevans: nice pics ! seems you're travelholic ! You must know Normandy far better than I do !!
;)

#15 ·
Closp said:
To fredaevans: nice pics ! seems you're travelholic ! You must know Normandy far better than I do !!
;)
Doubt I know it better than you ... but wish I did.:hehe: Last summer was the first time Joan and I didn't spend 3 weeks/month in France and Italy. Bummer!!!

Joan doesn't go .. I don't get to go. Pooie!

Travel industry is still in the bag big time for many of the tour companies ... which put Joan on the shelf. Will have to build up those 'free-quent' flyer miles again.

fae

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.