Spey Pages banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many thanks to Andrew and Steve at Tight Lines Flyfishing for sponsoring the class with Henrik on Sunday. Henrik provided us with outstanding instruction in Scandinavian technique, allowing plenty of time for individual attention. It was a very clear orientation by a very skilled practitioner and teacher. Plus, it gave all of us the opportunity to use the Scierra equipment expressly designed for the technique.

While I was quite impressed with the Scierra "total packages" . . . the match between rods, lines, leaders were obvious (the 14' 1" HMS with line, leader, etc was a combination that was almost "automatic" it was so efffortless) . . . I was especially impressed with the lines. The lines (much like the Carron Jetstream in mid-belly length and XLTs in long) just seem to want to make beautiful tight loops. The 8/9 line was perfect with my Burkheimer 1398 and performed flawlessly. Line package on order.

So thanks to Henrik and Tight Lines. I couldn't have asked for a better Scandinavian introduction.

Bill

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thank you!

Bill,

Thank you for your gracious company yesturday and compliments here on the spey pages. I too enjoyed the class, which was a tremendous success, mainly due to Henrik's outstanding performance as an underhand instructor.

I would also like to thank everyone else once again who attended yesturdays class. It was a lot of fun to see people learn something new.

Hopefully we can all get together for another day on the water, only next time with fish to swing flies in front of!

Tight Lines,
Andrew Moy

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steven
I was using the MWF floating 8/9 with the HMS 13' 1" and the 9/10 with the HMS 14' 1". Beautifully matched. The 8/9 matched my Burkheimer 1398.
Bill

·
Registered
23 Posts
Steven,

Just an FYI for you and everyone who is interested in Scierra products, I will be carrying their products in the near future (within the next 2 weeks).

Andrew
(973) 244-5990

·
Registered
352 Posts
Great day with Henrik Mortensen

I've got to agree with the above comments. It was a pleasure to see this style of casting done by a man who has it down. I was especially impressed about the emphasis on the fishing. It was very enjoyable and special thanks to Tightlines Fly Shop for organizing this get together. Andrew, how about next year?

Jim

·
Registered
23 Posts
Jim,

It was nice to finally meet you after so many phone conversations. I have already made tentative plans with Henrik for more seminars this fall (August and/or September). There is always next year as well. Maybe next year we'll do a clave on the upper Delaware? There aren't any steelhead or salmon, but the setting is definately beautiful. Besides, there are some good size trout. We could swing soft hackles on light 2 handers, or just cast till we're ready for lunch and a nap. That one trout that jumped out in front of you was begging for you to tie a fly on, instead you swung orange egg yarn with no hook in front of him all day!

Andrew

·
Registered
124 Posts
They have an interesting "tool" for those who are interested in slightly longer heads than the standard MWF - based on length of rod, height, skills level, size of fly, type of line and desired length of leader.

w ww.scierra.com/pwf/

A Norwegian dealer tells me that he sells more of these customised heads than he does the standard MWF.

Regards

Steven

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.