Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
purchased a 444sl shooting taper,sinker,,for single handers,,12 wt rating,,385 grain,on the way to fish,,never used since i was to busy with my skagit setups, :smile: ,is this close enough for 16- - well let's say close enough to work on big rods,,,what grain #'s SHOULD i be looking for :confused:

·
Registered
147 Posts
much needed help for Hammer

Hello, Hammer, old friend!! Saw your post for help. Would like to invite you to come over here into the Great Lakes Basin and get some real help from all the guys over here and some REAL STEELHEAD. We over here keep it simple..."down and dirty." Besides the main thing you must realize is that our GL Basin Steelhead are real fresh fish and do not have to "purged" from all that old nasty salt stuff you have over there on the West Coast. Doesn't that make sense to you? I didn't think it would. OK, now we're even...he, he, he! Best to you, Hammer. Stiver

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
`a unique race more of the river than the sea'

had JDJones on another line,,phone line,,while finishing the post,hell,he understands me!,,tells me,;,shaddup an' fish!,who you cussin' at up there?, :tsk_tsk: ,,,, I don't ~do~ grains,,,this is one reason i've stuck with leadcore i can cut it up and feel no remorse,,and while on the water,trying to weigh every ~sinktip~ is just a little inconvenient :biggrin: ,thus ,the question remains;what grain wt. SHOULD i be seeking for 16-18 ft two-handers in a shooting-sinking `shooting head',any approximation?,,million?,,half million?,,what about the Loop heads,???,anyone?????,,Stiver!,,,,have you not been reading an adequate amount of Trey Combs work this summmer season?,,,certainly any steelheader worth his salt :chuckle: would know,,,,once on the Rogue,,,Steelhead Vallhalla! :hihi: peace man! :wink:

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
speyflyman said:
our GL Basin Steelhead are real fresh fish and do not have to "purged" from all that old nasty salt stuff you have over there on the West Coast. Stiver

Wouldn't that be a plain ol trout?

I kinda like to fish for fresh run steelhead myself. Fresh from the sea. Not some spawning kipe jawed dog of a trout crawlin up out of a lake full of sewage. :whoa:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.