Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the heck does "OE remove access to unsafe attachements in your mail" mean?! How do I get around this! Didn't have this problem with the machine this replaced a month ago! Thanks in advance!

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
"OE" is "Outlook Express"your email program. it is probably set to prevent access to email attachments so that you avoid viruses. This is a good thing...unless of course you are planning to get something via attachment, like the spey stuff. If you poke around in Outlook (I'm not real familiar with it as I don't use it much) you should be able to find a feature that lets you access attachments...but that reopens the risk of viruses through email!

Simplest solution: get yourself a yahoo or hotmail account and send me that address for the newsletter. Hotmail automatically scans attachments with the latest McAfee virus scan software, so it is pretty safe, although not 100% of course.

I scan my system weekly for viruses and keep things up-to-date, so my articles should be clean, although I couldn't guarantee this. As with any email attachment, you should have a virus scanner installed on your own system, keep it up-dated and set to scan any downloads for potential threats.

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OE = Outlook Express?

In the words of Elmer Fudd "Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh":rolleyes:

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
tools>options>security

in OE, look along the top menu bar for the "tools" tab. click it and scroll down to "options", then look for the "security" tab. there is a checkbox that says "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus." If you clear the check from that box you should be able to open the newsletter attachments.

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dana

figured it out before your last message, once you cleared up the mystery of what OE stood for. Hence the embarassed Elmer Fudd laugh. I have a Master's of Science degree. I think that's supposed to indicate that at one point of my life I actually could think!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts