Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Salmon Rod

I am looking for a atlantic salmon rod :Eyecrazy: & great lakes steelhead,I am interested in Bob Miesers switch rods the 10' 6" 8/9 4pc, need advice,should I look @ other rods, or would this b
e the best. thanks John

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
check out Meiz's website, a good place to start......however;they are great casting rods and extremely versatile. according to the website the 4 piece 10' come in 5/6 through 11/12 weight adn the 10'6" 5 piece 5/6 through 8/9 weights.

i had the pleasure to cast the 10'6 8/9 for resident silvers here in the Tacoma area and had a blast casting and not catching. I was casting the RIO Scandinavian head and it was quite the match up for overhead casting. It spey cast just as nicely and as always, Bob's rods are just a joy to look at!

if you are into building your own rods, he also sells them RTW. Another company that has extremely easy casting and powerful blanks is Rainshadow ( I believe that is the name.) Search the board as well as there has been quite the chatter about these rods. good luck in your pursuit...

vinnie

·
Registered
646 Posts
You really can not beat one of Meiser's rods. I recommend you give him a call and discuss with him your application and see what he recommends. He is a pleasure to do business with and stands behind his products.
Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Meiser Switch Rods

I had Bob make me a 10' 8/9 rod and a 6/7 rod for a recent trip to Christmas Island. The rods can be used either single handed or two handed. Very nice when us old guys start to fade. These rods are versatile for both salt and fresh applications when you have him build it that way. To slice the winds in the tropics I used Monic's new Phantom Tip lines in this case a 11 wt (335 grain) for the 6/7 and 13 wt (435 grain) for the 8/9. After my trip and working with the Monic Representative, Bob informs me they may make specialty lines to meet the unique characteristics of the 10' rods.

I have recently setup the 8/9 up for local Washington and BC rivers with a SA Short Spey (cut 15' off the tip) and then used Rio 109 grain tips in Type 3,6 and 8. They cast like a dream with a simple Spey case or a Turbo Spey cast.

I recommend that you talk to Bob to discuss your applications and I can assure you - the man has a solution.

Lots of luck!

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Bob was using one of his 10/6 switch rods yesterday with Malcolm and I on the upper Rogue. Had it 'rigged up' with a Simi-Scan casting system topped off with 10 or 12 foot of T14.

ZOOOOOOOOM!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts