Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not really in the financial position to pay for a casting lesson, but if there is anybody within a reasonable distance from New Haven, Connecticut who might be willing to give me some 'in person' pointers, I'd certainly appreciate it. I think I am a 'fairly well above average' single-hand caster, but completely new to spey casting (having just purchased a rod and line)...and I'm not enjoying being a beginner again!

I'd be happy to drive to the water, bring the doughnuts and/or beer, and buy lunch or dinner in exchange for some informal instruction. It's not at all important to me whether you're a true instructor or simply somebody who is proficient enough to make a TH rod do the job, but the videos just ain't like the real thing, so seeing some casts 'in real life' is what I need.

Thanks!

Andrew

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Hey Andrew,

I am over in Providence and would be happy to show you around the long rod. Beer works for me :)

-sean

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry. It's beer AND doughnuts, or no deal. I have standards.

Seriously, though, I would appreciate it. And I promise I won't even bring up the Gibbs Striper Fly - I'm the same Andrew...in case you hadn't realized that ;)

I'll PM you when I think I might get a chance to head that way.

Still taking offers from people even closer to home as well...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts