Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to both fly fishing and spey I'm hoping for suggestions on choosing a line for my rod. Currently using 13'4" 8wt burkheimer with a sage spey reel. Prior to this rod I was using a switchrod with a double taper to indy fish for steelhead. I am aware its controversial but I would like to continue this tech with my spey for now if possible. Iv been using the rio skagit line it came with but its not ment to b used with an indy. I tried the 110$ CND wt forward spey line and it was more of what I'm looking for. However if I'm going to drop another hundred I want to be sure I got the correct match for my rod. The store I purchased the rod from suggested the rio power spey. I would like to here some suggestions from the experience burkheimer people on speypages. Thanks .

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
The Delta Long 7/8 will work nicely on the rod in question. I think the CND 7/8 would also work very well.

The store I purchased the rod from suggested the rio power spey.
Did the store you purchased the rod from offer you a PowerSpey demo line so you could see for yourself if it would work for "you"?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion. I bought from someone in WA I live in NY. But have someone here that's going to let me demo it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts