Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been single handing for a long time but just got introduced to the new curse of two handed fly fishing.
Very much looking forward to while away hours of time in the pursuit of a half decent cast, and watching my hard earned dollars transform into a quiver of used gear. Looking forward to learn from everyone’s expertise and advice.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I’ve been single handing for a long time but just got introduced to the new curse of two handed fly fishing.
Very much looking forward to while away hours of time in the pursuit of a half decent cast, and watching my hard earned dollars transform into a quiver of used gear. Looking forward to learn from everyone’s expertise and advice.
Hey hows it going and welcome You'll really like getting more distance with less muscle effort when you play around with longer rods, the fulcrum of 2 handed rod loading and today's line tapers. what an evolution! And I'd say your located in a pretty darn good part of the country to learn it! Have a blast here. If you consider buying gear, the classifieds are a great place for good square dealing folks with good stuff and great prices.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome to the Board. I still enjoy single handing creeks and small rivers. For a time after starting with a trout spey I wasn't too sure why it was so frustrating for me. It just takes a little time to relax and let the rod load with a new kind of timing. Now I love two handed casting. Im experiencing different waters and catching nicer fish for the most part. For me it was just a temporary curse. I also want to mention that everyone who watched me struggling with my spey casting was so friendly and helpful. I learned a lot and made new friends. Its all good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts