Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am new to the two hand way of casting a fly. I just took a class from Steve Buckner here in Washington two days ago, and I left him feeling as if with practice I can get the hang of it. I'm still a bit bewildered by all the lines, tips, and other gear that is out there to try. I spent the lesson mostly with a scandi head, and I think I will stick with it until I know more. I think this resource will be great.

·
Administrator
17,681 Posts
Welcome to the Speypages !!
Taking classes certainly shortens the learning period and yes, practice is the only way to become comfortable with your gear and the methods.

Mike

·
Registered
310 Posts
Welcome, nwbobber. Avail yourself of Mark Bachman's annual gift to speyfishing --
The Sandy Spey Clave. Two days of clinics, every imaginable rod/reel/line combination available to try, instructors to help you and the best of the best (Simon Gawesworth, others) giving presentations. The only expense is the $5 to enter Oxbow Park east of Portland (until you start lusting for the many products you'll see :) ).
AND you'll be fed/watered for no charge. Two weeks away... make plans. It's a great gathering in your backyard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome, nwbobber. Avail yourself of Mark Bachman's annual gift to speyfishing --
The Sandy Spey Clave. Two days of clinics, every imaginable rod/reel/line combination available to try, instructors to help you and the best of the best (Simon Gawesworth, others) giving presentations. The only expense is the $5 to enter Oxbow Park east of Portland (until you start lusting for the many products you'll see :) ).
AND you'll be fed/watered for no charge. Two weeks away... make plans. It's a great gathering in your backyard.
I'm planning on it. And yes I will have to excercise self control.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the Speypages !!
Taking classes certainly shortens the learning period and yes, practice is the only way to become comfortable with your gear and the methods.

Mike
Thanks Mike. My wife and I are big believers in education as an investment in our hobbies. Best dollar to fun ratio there is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts