Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the heaviest sinktip material,or tip availlable,,diameter is a concern as well,so anyone have the numbers :confused:

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Another Option

would be the AirFlo custom cut tips. Their heaviest is 470 grains over 20 feet. The RIO Leviathan runs up to 700 grains over 26 feet.

How badly does this stuff hinge as 14 weight floating line is only 18 grains per foot?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hinge!

been using leadcore,,the length of the rod,,16-18 ft.looped to a chopped DT12/mono running line,,soi'm guessing it's a bastardized version of a Skagit line,obviously getting the loop thru the tip isnt happenning,,i'm looking for a short fat dense material,maybe some jumper cable material :smokin: i'm targeting fall chinook,but,,winter IS just around the bend :devil:

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Hammer

contact Aaron at Riber Run Angler and order some #14 floating line. It is about 18 grains per foot and will have the best chance of turning over some of the heavy stuff without hinging. I would use the 14 wt for the belly and then 10+ feet of T14, custom cut, or? T14, the heavier custom cut, and some of the RIO tips sink faster than LC13 as they are thinner and have greater density per foot. I would use Brian Simonseth's loops. That combination should cast better than anything else and get you down where you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts