Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I've just tried the Loop Adapted double handed low float 7/8 shooting head on my Loop Blackline 11 '2 (7/8).
Well, it does load the rod well so Loop did a good job when they designed the profile, BUT I just HATE those loops at both ends !! It probably doesn't matter much on a more powerful rod, but with this rod and line, it's just real bad :(
I really can't understand why they spoilt the line with those loops. They are so thick that they twist the ends of the line and so it becomes useless for delicate presentation. I'm very disappointed.
Moreover, the quality of the material is far from good. The line makes a lot of coils (lots of memory) and it doesn't feel nice / right. Actually it feels cheap. It doesn't seem to be the same material as other Loop lines...???
So they should keep the profile, but remove the loops AND change the material.
One question: do you think I can cut the loops (that would mean removing several centimetres of line because the sheath that holds the loops goes a long way on the line... and would the line still be the correct weight ? Anyway I'll probably end doingf it, but I'd like to know if it's worth it though.
Any other shooting head you would recommend for that rod (underhand casting: I'm learning it) ?
I'll be away for about six days, so no offence if I don't answer your posts: I'll read them when I'm back.
Thanks in advance for your advice,
Closp

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I found the answer: the Loop Custom ! I bought one, cut it , and used short braided loops at both ends and... it casts like a dream! The line material is quite good too. Few coils. Real great line. Much better than the adapted series. I couldn't find the new Loop Custom 2 though... they say it should be even better...?
Anyway I'm quite satisfied with my Custom and I strongly recommend this line.
;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts