Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks, I'm sure that some of you have some input to help an
Easterner in finding a place to fish for steelhead in B.C. this Aug.
I've been surfing the net but I'd sure feel better if I'd get some suggestions from this board. I need a lodge type setup 'cause I can't rough it any more. I'll be on the Dean at the end of June
because that Lodge is booked in August, and I'd sure like to find
some B.C. steel in the middle of That Month.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Hi Sweet Thang! :>)

Well, if you don't end up in BC, I'd recommend the "Evans B & B" the Rogue. Actually, and truth be told, Joan and I really enjoyed the 'after' part of the Clinic last year. For those of you who haven't met Jere ... his "IQ" is wellllllll beyond 100. Great mind, stimulating!!! conversation, and a wonderful Guy.

All kidding aside, if you get to host Jere at your home you'd better be ready for some very high level intelligent, inciteful, stimulating conversation. Nothing against Medford, but that is the one thing we really miss about living in Healdsburg, CA. All of our neighbors (and all still very close friends whom we see frequently) kept you mentally stimulated and very sharp (and let me tell you,to this day "we" still agree to disagree. And Love each other dearly.).

Jere: Joanie and I want you back .... ANY TIME. And!!! feel free to bring the 'significant other.' I figure, if Joan can put up with me, the Lady that can put up with you, has got to be one hell of a gal.

Joan and Fred

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave, I'll be fishing the Lower Dean from June 21st-28th out of
John Blackwell's Lodge. My first trip there in '01 June was a week earlier, and the run 's first fish started showing up late in that week.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
B.C. Steel

Jere
You might try Far West Steelhead [Lodge?] in Telkwa, B.C. The lodge is on the Bulkley River, part of the Skeena drainage.

My partner and I had an excellent experience there the last week in August 2001. However the prime time for that drainage is October.

Good luck,
Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts