Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have heard different opinions about older Hardys (Perfects and Uniquas in particular) being used by left handers...

I am under the assumption that the reels with the duplicated mark II check and no line guard are suitable for lefty use... Is this assumption wrong?

Also, is the duplicated mark II check similar to the click and pawl mechanism found on the lightweight series?

Am I way off base?

Thanks in advance,
Bright Waters

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Somebody with more Hardy expertise will be able to answer that, but I do know that there are left-handed Perfects out there. My buddy in Campbell River has a line on one, if you are interested. As well, in perusing the Sportfish Museum's site today I do believe I saw one displayed there.

Actually I went back and checked, the Museum didn't have one, but I typed "Hardy Perfect left handed" into Google and a bunch of sites came up.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Left hand Perfect are available.

Perfects (dup II's) without line guards can be used as left hand models they just require changing the pawls.

They are similar to the lightweight as I recall the lightweights are horizontal while the Perfects are vertical (one under the foot, one on the lower half of the case)

For two handers I prefer right hand wind it keeps the handle farther from my body.

andre

1 - 3 of 3 Posts