Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reluctantly selling my 3 screw St John. It's the best I've seen. I know lots on here like the St John, so here's your chance.
Now listed on ebay.

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
244 Posts
Wow that is one gorgeous reel! I just checked it out on eBay too,great pictures. If I hadn't just bought a reel (30s perfect) would definitely be interested in this. The reel I bought has a long ribbed foot which (gasp) I am going to carefully and painstakingly reshape so I can actually use it. This reel foot (on yours) looks like it may have been reshaped, or is it original? Coincedentally the fellow that sold me my reel was also selling a 30s St. John just like yours, and the reel foot looked like it had been filed, but if your is original, maybe his was too. (I assumed his was filed) His was in nowhere near the condition as yours, but did have the line guard. Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Trinidad.
The foot on mine is correct, un-filed and original. They're often referred to as a 'bullet' foot and usually seen on St Johns, Fortunas etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, first time posting. If you don't mind how much did you end up selling it for? I just purchased a similar 3 screw St. John but it was a RHW instead but was advertised as LHW. The seller is trying to cinvince me it is reversible but I am getting the notion that this may cause premature wear on the gear and paw. Thanks for your time and what great community you guys have here!

Peter

·
Registered
244 Posts
You can search solds on eBay, just search St. John, check sold on left side and check worldwide. These older St. John's are usually rhw only, this one sold for approx 460 or so, looked like a real beauty. Hope that helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts