122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hardy St. John Fly Reel

3 Screw
Leaded Finish - Worn as shown in the photo's
3 7/8" in Diameter
Small nicks to the frame from use
Circa Late 1940's

Functionally a very good reel that should be put back to use.

$160 + actual shipping
paypal is fine

Any questions, please ask.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Shoot, I've been trying hard for a St. John!

Can I please be second in line, just in case. I'll PM ya too
CA

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'd would like to know from others...

Those of you who are vintage reel types, how would you go about shining this baby up or do you just keep em clean after use and let time work on em to create this particular look? It appears in good condition but just a little more patina then most sorry, no intent to hijack. It's nice and I'd love to have it.

T

·
0 Posts
Reel

Those of you who are vintage reel types, how would you go about shining this baby up or do you just keep em clean after use and let time work on em to create this particular look? It appears in good condition but just a little more patina then most sorry, no intent to hijack. It's nice and I'd love to have it.
Nice reel at a good price point, they don't make these down on Main Street anymore:)
Please don't SHINE it up.
If you don't like the look? just give her a bath in white vinaigrette and water 50/50 mix, then rinse. A soak and a soft toothbrush would work great, it won't ever look new. After a couple baths it's good to go, grease the cog and oil the spindle and other necessary parts like the tension screw. No grease on the spindle or the spool won't turn free, just good oil. Any type of cleaning solvents or wd-40 type oils with high detergent levels will damage the handle. Good luck and feel free to ask us more questions.

·
Anglish spoken here
561 Posts
Hello.. Great piece of advice. You can finish the whole operation by rubbing in the reel with some Hardy´s "Safetismear",available in tubes from you local Hardy dealer.. Wait now.. Sorry that was in the -50´s.. Yours borano20

1 - 6 of 6 Posts