Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
If it's true then it will be interesting Chris.

Jarden owns Pure Fishing which has the better known brands of Berkley, Shakespeare, Penn...

Any acquiror would be silly to mess with the brand. Production location is a different story however...:eek:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Jake
Source is private,but very confident things are correct,announcement in 2 weeks i think.
Lets hope in these difficult times not to many loose there jobs.
Thanks Chris,
After your post I did a quick search and found nothing on this. I'm optimistic about this based on my dealings with Pure Fishing. They already have a host of leading brands that all operate somewhat independently under the PF heading. If there's a company in the industry that will appreciate the history and legend of Hardy, it's Pure Fishing. I say give this a chance, it could be awesome.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The venerable Hardy now in the group of companies that enriched the world with Powerbait. :eek:

Johncke ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Now completed,lets see what takes place next???
I'm not sure what your last couple of posts are suggesting.

I'd assume it'll be business as usual, with some more attention to customer service, an understanding of how a 'brand' works, and marketing on an international scale.

·
Registered
602 Posts
....Hardy falls into the rank and file of the Jarden Corp with the likes of (just some)

There are a bunch of successful brands.. but massed produced asian products
nothing jumps out as a specialty brand

Hardy is now just another another brand to generate revenue for a large multi-national publicly traded company

Can't imagine benchmade reels are good for share holders

1 - 20 of 26 Posts