Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eh up Dudes,I have a friend who is organising the sale of various Hardy Perfect Reels and Cane rods for an elderly colleague who can no longer fish.He's looking to put the stuff to auction.I don't have details as yet but he will be passing them on to me next week some time,but I know there's Hardy perfects from 4" down to 3 1/2" with several that appear "switch rod" size.The rods are LRH spinning rods/bait rods and some fly rods.
Now its all anglers gear,unsure of condition,but it's from a professional gent and will have been used.
As soon as there's more details I will post,just a heads up if there's any interest,know some of you like your perfects!
Cheers,Yorkie.

·
Administrator
18,151 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eh up gr8lakes flyer!,no way am I looking to organise an Auction of the gear on here,its a heads up to any one who may be interested and as soon as I can will post details of whats available and how much the gent is looking for price wise.If some one is interested(and some are) I can help in the sale for him(he's an O,A.P and wants the quickest solution),its a private sale of the stuff before or instead of going to auction!.
If its treading on toes then I apologise,not my intention to flaunt policy/rules.
I posted in classified,to the effect that as soon as I've more detail I'll post and I will.If you don't want that then fair enough I won't bother.
Y.

·
Administrator
18,151 Posts
I have a friend who is organising the sale of various Hardy Perfect Reels and Cane rods for an elderly colleague who can no longer fish.He's looking to put the stuff to auction.
It was the statement above that caused my concern on your post. This is why I posted in such manner and posted our Forum rules, just to be certain that everyone is on the same page :)

Eh up gr8lakes flyer!,no way am I looking to organise an Auction of the gear on here,its a heads up to any one who may be interested and as soon as I can will post details of whats available and how much the gent is looking for price wise.
It is fine to give heads up for sure so members here can expect something they might be looking for, that is not treading on any of the Forum policies or rules at all. I'm sure there maybe some very grateful members here that appreciate the heads up and will be looking forward to your next post.

It's all good and was a slight misunderstanding on words, my apologies :)

Mike

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike,its not a problem at all,no offence taken and certainly non intended in posting in the first or any subsequent postings.I could have worded the initial posting more clearly mentioning private sale as opposed to auction for forum members.The owner wants to give the chance of private sale in the first instance before what remains being passed on to auction.
I'd fully expect the good stuff to be cherry picked and sold privately before the remaining items-which in all honesty may not be that desirable- being passed on to auction for the stuff to be moved along.
To those who have expressed interest,I will post as soon as the details are passed on to me.
Cheers one and all and thanks Mike.
Yorkie.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all,now the Hardy reels n rods.The Gent has decided to put the whole lot to Auction here in the UK.If any one is interested in the Auction I will pass on details privately of where n when etc.,but in respect of forum rules I'll leave it all there.Sorry if any ones let down,but its the gents decision not mine.
Cheers,Yorkie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts