Spey Pages banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gentleman,

I unfortunately had a disaster today on the river. My Perfect had succumbed to the brutal temps here in upstate NY. My reel handle completely broke off off of the face of the reel. I am probably going to end up sending it directly back to Hardy to repair, but I am looking for alternate suggestions before I send it in for repair. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks all!

Angler in grief,

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,856 Posts
Nuff Said

Is there really any other options

·
Registered
832 Posts
Is there really any other options
If it was my Hardy , I'd be sending it to bill , cost like $20 to fix
You might find someone else closer , but what's the work like

I will say without a doubt , you'll get it back from bill fixed correct , as good and most times better

If Its a really old Hardy and something more so damaged I have a guy in Poland that I trust to work on the special old stuff , one of the best and the only guy I'v met over the years and trust , he even has some of the old Hardy molds ,

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you gentleman

This is why I love this forum. Within a fee short hours it seems that I found the best route to take to repair my Perfect. It seems that Bill is the best option versus sending it back to Hardy, which who knows how long tale or how much it would cost. I appreciate the quick responses. I'll be contacting Bi tomorrow.

A grieving but hopeful angler,

Mike

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
How funny! Not that your reel broke but my Hardy is with Bill right now getting a new handle put on as well. Did a trade with someone here on the pages and it arrived with a loose handle. The spindle was rocking around on the face plate of the spool. I think your looking about $34 plus shipping , if I remeber right what Bill quoted? I have sent some other reels to him and he does great work!

·
Registered
688 Posts
The same thing happened to my 3-3/4. I wasn't looking forward to the idea of having to send it off in the mail to get repaired. So it was to my great relief I found out that one of the Canadian site sponsors here often pulls rabbits out of their hat, so to speak. So for Canadians and especially anyone within driving range of Searun Fly and Tackle, in Coquitlam, BC, don't over look the guys at this shop. First class repair, reel was back in my hands in a couple days. You can't tell it was repaired.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Success

Update fellas: Spoke with Bill this morning. $32.50 plus return shipping and the price of a new knob if he can't get the screw out. I let him know how highly everyone spoke of him. Thanks again for all of your input and suggestions!

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
The type of work you can expect:
P2184357.jpg
Your reel will be in good hands with Bill. You have the knob, mine when flying into the river. It was nothing for him to set a knew one on there good as the original and I didn't have to send the entire real either.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fishon...

Looks great man. I am so relieved. Your reel looks great. Cannot even notice it was a repair.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts