Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For your consideration is a post war right hand wind 4" Perfect with out line guide. This is an interesting reel as it has an original long reel foot and is apparently rare for the age of this reel. The reel has no play what so ever and every part functions as it should.
Price is $650 US fund plus shipping and i will split the Paypal fees.

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Winding direction

As I am not knowledgeable enough about these reels. Can someone shed some light on the question of changing the reel from right to left hand wind.

Thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
Direction change

No line guard, so pretty easy to change to LHW. Just flip the pawl (the one currently engaged) and you are good to go.

As I am not knowledgeable enough about these reels. Can someone shed some light on the question of changing the reel from right to left hand wind.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
Meiser, T&T, and OPST two handers; Scott, Orvis, & Winston SH. Danielsson and Hardy Reels
1,079 Posts
Changing the Retrieve

I'm slightly over my head here, but my understanding is that you can engage the other pawl, but...

1. If you leave the "correct" pawl engaged, you've just increased the noise level,
2. If you disengage the pawl, you've lost any ability to adjust the setting.

My understanding is that you can reel left-handed, but you can't make it a left-handed reel.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I'm slightly over my head here, but my understanding is that you can engage the other pawl, but...

1. If you leave the "correct" pawl engaged, you've just increased the noise level,
2. If you disengage the pawl, you've lost any ability to adjust the setting.

My understanding is that you can reel left-handed, but you can't make it a left-handed reel.

You are correct , you can flip the pawl and reel the other way , but still not a Correct LHW reel ,

For that money , it's still a deal , someone should grab it ,

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
If I reeled right it would be gone on principal, not because I need another perfect. Sweet deal for a RHW reel. These reels are the best you can buy in the 400-750 category, and maybe higher. They truly are perfect

1 - 13 of 13 Posts